On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Moto <medicalsou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently running into an issue that makes sense but I'm not too
> sure how to resolve it...
>
> Here is the scenario:
>
> App v1
> icon LAUNCH is set to ActivityMain from the manifest file
>
> App v2
> icon LAUNCH is set to ActivityAll from the manifest file and
> ActivityMain no longer exists
>
> After updating to App v2 the app icon fails to launch the application
> saying it doesn't exist!

Correct. The launcher, shortcuts, and everything will continue to
point to the original activity. The launcher will be fixed on the next
reboot, as you have discovered. Users will have to re-create any
shortcuts they made, or anything else they tied into your application
(e.g., Locale profile to start your activity under certain
conditions).

> So how can I refresh the applications package or better the launch
> icon and shortcut icons so that my users don't experience this after
> an upgrade of my newest app version?

Do not change your start activity. If needed, have ActivityMain call
startActivity() on ActivityAll and then finish().

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to *Advanced* Android Development_ Version 1.9
Available!