On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:48 AM, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Aug 4, 8:51 pm, "Tommy" <droi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why should a user have to go out of the way to
> > figure out how to use ADB to do this.
>
> A user shouldn't have to. I absolutely agree with you, and think it's
> pretty crappy of AT&T to have done this.

Well, even though AT&T removed the settings option, they didn't actually
disable sideloading entirely. I've used the Android Central Sideload Wonder
Machine with the Captivate and it works great. (As long as you're using .Net
4.0+)

Windows:
http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

Linux/Mac:
http://www.androidcentral.com/android-central-sideload-wonder-machine-linux-and-mac-talented-forum-member

(Don't let the irreverence of the name deter you. It was a name that came
out during one of their podcasts and stuck.)

However, the OP asked about a dev phone, and [as a dev] he will be
> using ADB already. This wasn't a discussion about end-user experience,
> hence I felt inclined to post my counterpoint. Not trying to start a
> fight, just trying to stay on topic. :^)
>
> String

--Phill W.