I've discovered what may be a bug in the "app2sd" feature of Android
2.2.  I haven't been able to find any information about it using the
usual searches.

My app will create a home screen shortcut in the usual way.  Inside
its intent that to be launched is a few extras describing the action
to take.  One of the extras is a string array.  Now apparently, if
someone creates a shortcut with my app, then moves the app to the
sdcard, Android will strip out the string array intent from the
shortcut.  Other extras are left intact.  This of course renders the
shortcut useless to the app since key data is missing.  Moving the app
back to the phone doesn't restore the missing data.

If the app is already on the sdcard and a shortcut is then created,
it's OK.  But then if the app is moved back to the phone, the string
array extra is stripped again.

I'm just going to take a wild-ass guess and say that Android does
something to an app's shortcuts when it gets moved to and from the
sdcard (maybe re-constructing it?) but it's not copying the string
array extras.  Is there any merit to this guess?  Time to file a bug?

Doug