2010/9/10 Albert <albert8...@googlemail.com>:
> I have all that set up. The thing is that if an user kills my app/
> service with a task killer app, then my alarm would go away.

If they did that, then they do not want your alarm. And, starting with
Android 2.2, they can't do this anyway.

Hence, I would not worry much about it. Keep a log of work you do in
the alarm handler, and if the user starts your activity and you
determine, via the log, that your alarm had been stopped, restart it
and perhaps pop a dialog to tell the user the ramifications of them
having attacked you with a task killer.

> I would like to be able to do a check about whether I have a alarm
> ready to go off at some point in the future.

Sorry, there's no API for that.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in London: http://skillsmatter.com/go/os-mobile-server