Jeremy,

It happened to me quite a bit on both 2.1 and 2.2 on every device.
It's surely a defect of Android but so far no one has been able to
track it down.  It's a tough one, very difficult to reproduce
reliably.  It tends to happen more often in certain cases for reasons
unknown to me right now, such as on an EVO running 2.1 on the third
level of Deadly Chambers if you play it straight through.  Since that
takes 20 minutes, it's impossible to figure out by logging because
it's just way too much.  Breakpoints don't work because the game
doesn't run fast enough in debug mode and debugging doesn't work
anyways once the lockup has happened.

It's pretty much a worse case scenario - a very fatal, very
intermittent bug that breaks debugging and is nearly impossible to
isolate.

I hope some genius out there can figure this one out.  I couldn't even
get close.