On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Saied <saie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought people post messages then come back here to see who has responded
> to them and what.

I'm not sure how others keep track, but I have an RSS feed for all the
Android Groups so I just scan through that to find posts I want to take part
in, and to see when responses have been posted. If you don't want to track
the whole group just track your own question, again, use the GMail
interface. Find your original email and star it or something, then you can
easily track when people have replied to your question.

> It's hard to believe that Google cannot handle a few tens of text posts
> everyday.

There are a lot of things that one would expect Google to be able to do well
at which they fail miserably (Market Search comes to mind).

> Notoriously unreliable?? has anyone been put to task to fix it? This does
> not seem to be a very hard problem for a technology company like google.

Probably not. It's not that it's a hard problem, it's probably more that
it's not "interesting". Google seems to have a philosophy of "tinkering"
with stuff, getting things to a point where they kinda work, but have issues
- then they get bored and move on to the next thing and can't be bothered
with fixing the lingering problems.