Sorry, I missed the question about knowing whether the Mime type is setup, but I don't the answer anyway... It depends on your server, and how your server admin wants it done, so you'll have to ask them.

You can do it in an .htaccess file if you have access to it, but I think it's normally better to add it your server startup. Ask your admin. It really depends on what the admin wants.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
Bistro Bot - Bistro Blurb
http://bgies.com
http://bistroblurb.com
http://ihottonight.com
http://forcethetruth.com

Everything in moderation, including abstinence

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead