On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM, MobDev <developm...@mobilaria.com> wrote:
> /edit : I posted this on stackoverflow as well and someone responded
> with :
> "As far as I know android library project manifest is ignored at the
> moment, manifest is not merged into end application when you reference
> a library. Hence you cant extract any data from the library's
> manifest."
>
> So my question now is :
> hhmmm ok, that would explain it I guess... But is there any official
> statement or anyone who knows this for sure ?

I am fairly certain the quoted passage above is correct. At the
moment, AFAIK, there is no concept of the library's version being
carried forward into the application, simply because there is no place
to put it.

Use a string resource instead of android:versionName.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training