On Oct 7, 5:37 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Nathan <critter...@crittermap.com> wrote:
> > I'm straying a bit, but what problems do you generally get from task
> > killers?
>
> These answers apply to pre-2.2; as of 2.2 task killers can't do anything
> destructive.
>
> > Will they close a program when not visible? This is the one I've seen.
>
> Yes, but the platform will do that as well.  (And this is the only thing
> that task killers can do as of 2.2)

The platform will do this, yes, but if I'm not mistaken it has a
hierarchy to follow.

Let's say your activity starts a service. It's a well behaved service
that places a foreground notification. A user leaves the activity to
check the notification. The activity is paused and *boom*, the task
killer kills the process because the activity is not visible. The
notification will never be updated because the service is dead.

This is what I believe a task killer will do. Can they do this in 2.2?

Nathan