On a real device (Motorola Droid) it is faster but it still takes
about 8-10 seconds which is way to long to have to wait every time the
program starts.  I have gotten around the problem by putting the
license check (including the call to AESObfuscator) in a separate
thread (note that the network connect part already ran in a separate
thread, it was the creating of the Obfuscator that was taking all the
time in the main thread)

Thanks