My experience is that Jetty (http://www.mortbay.org/jetty/) tends to
be a bit more lightweight than tomcat, and also a LOT easier to embed
(it's basically just a JAR file).

Or you could try this:

http://tjws.sourceforge.net/

Haven't tried it myself, but looks like it's designed to be
lightweight.

Or.. maybe even better:

http://code.google.com/p/i-jetty/

In either case it's likely to be:

A) A battery killer due to much heavier resource usage than "normal"
mobile apps
B) Could be a performance problem if the container itself is
allocating a lot of objects, and thus causing the GC to kick in.