Ian,

I'm in the beginning process of forming a group to fight the Warez sites and just generally improve the situation for legitimate Android developers. I've posted a little information about it on my blog... maybe have a look at it and give me your comments on it.

My thought is that if legit developers formed a group we could eventually appoint a representative to speak on our behalf AND maybe someone at Google would actually listen to us. I have formed and been a member of several such associations in the past, and I can tell you that something like this is definitely needed.

I've also developed software that flags SPAM commenters, SPAM apps and SPAM developers, so if we get enough developers behind it, we could easily identify most of them, and with a little time and patience, submit the list to Google and get Google to do something about it. The software is working well, but for now, it's just on my development machine. I'm in the process right now of deploying the database to the production server, but I still have to work on the web pages for other developers to be able to view it.

The site is not live yet, but I have the beginnings of the forum ready... (a lot of work to do before it's really useful... but... it's coming).

http://nocrappyapps.com/index.php/forum/4-association-of-android-professionals.html

Let me know if you have any interest in joining it.... We only need about 25 active members to get it going.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
Bistro Bot - Bistro Blurb
http://bgies.com            http://nocrappyapps.com
http://bistroblurb.com      http://forcethetruth.com
http://ihottonight.com
Everything in moderation, including abstinence (paraphrased)

Every person is born with a brain... Those who use it well are the successful
happy ones - Brad Gies

Adversity can make or break you... It's your choice... Choose wisely - Brad Gies

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead