On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Mathias Lin <m...@mathiaslin.com> wrote:
> thanks for your reply. Yes, it's probably managed by the system, yet
> I'm still wondering:
>
> Below you can see that the browser activity runs in different
> processes (#2307, #5536) before and after I killed/restarted it, and
> yet it's displaying / restoring the same UI input values entered by
> the user, regardless of being in an entire new process.

That make sense.

> So, are the two activities in these two processes actually the same
> instance?

That's not possible. Each process has its own VM. However, they might
have the same *instance state* (i.e., Bundle).

I have no real idea what you're trying to accomplish here -- what you
originally posted sounds scary. However, the answer for dealing with
all this in-flight instance state stuff is to reboot the phone. Since
you're running a rooted phone, I would think there's a way to reboot
it.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!