Well, it's just an emulator. And of course, it wont have the market on it.
And since this is an emulator, you will obviously not be able to do all the
stuff that you can do with a device, like taking a picture, playing with the
GPS, using the accelerometer, etc.

If you need to decide whether to switch to an Android device or not,
checking out a real phone is of course a better idea, rather than playing
with the emulator. :)

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Scott L <scottyl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know why this is disabled in the emulator? There's several
> posts about this across the web however no responses to them?
> I actually downloaded the emulator to get a feel for Android to see if
> I could switch, it's not too welcoming to see it not supporting the
> sync, a bit frustrating - I wanted an idea of the system in general.
>
> The market being missing kind of sucks too, I realise the emulator
> isn't a "demo, try Android!" thing but how hard would it be to add
> this so people can get an idea of Android?  - I was lucky enough to
> have someone at my place of work loan me his old Android phone but not
> everyone will be.
> Can this please be considered?
>

> On Sep 21, 8:30 am, GodfatherofSoul <marvin.bell...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How do you turn on sync in the emulator.  I'm already using Google
> > APIs level 8 and I've already created a Google account.  But under
> > "Manage Accounts", my Google account says "Sync is OFF".

Kumar Bibek
http://techdroid.kbeanie.com
http://www.kbeanie.com