Thanks for the replies, are there any tutorials/examples which cover
this. I have been searching and it its all still a bit unclear. I have
a DB setup and ready to go, but Im not sure which data to capture/ how
to capture it, and how to restore it.

I would think I'd have to save the 49 xy positions of the graphics and
their types, the score and time remaining.I cant find anything clear
on this that pertains to a game state. Thanks,
again