Hi,

I want to add a big feature to an application i am developping, but as this
feature interest few people and is quite independant from the main part, I
would like to put that in a seperate "plugin" application.

Does anyone knows any design patterns, snippets, "reference" examples about
such design?

In particular:
- that separate plugin application should be able to access some tables in
the main application DB. Is it possible to do that without broadcast
receiver?
- the main application uses a TabActivity: is it possible that a the
tabactivity instanciates an Intent Activity that is part of the plugin?
- does the plugin can access main application preferences (not sure this
would be necessary, but better to anticipate the question!)
- is it possible from the plugin to access main applications ressources?

At least the 2 first points are mandatory for me.
Thanks for any help,
Thierry.