You may be right, although the crash reports that I have all suggest
that they were triggered from direct calls to
GoogleAnalyticsTracker.trackEvent() in my code leading to
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: no transaction pending". Judiciously
sprinkling try-catch blocks is a great way to further "uglify" source
code, so maybe I'll just live with the occasional crashes until Google
fixes the problem, given that thus far only 3 out of 5000 app runs
gave me crashes.

Thanks