One of them says: "...has appeared on my droid x. It may have been
downloaded by mistake, I am not sure. It does not appear to be the
same 1 as is available on marketplace. I am hesitant to open it. I
don't seem to be able to find a way to erase it without opening it
first".

Another says in the Market App it shows only an install option.  Also,
for this user: "I've already been to Settings > Manage Applications
and done that. It doesn't appear and none of the uninstallers seem to
show it either. It doesnt show in my downloaded files either. "

A 3rd user says: "followed your instructions, however program does not
appear in the manage applications list that were downloaded. Program
does appear in the all program list but will not allow uninstall. When
click on program the uninstall icon is greyed out. Have even tried
several uninstall programs nothing seems to work."

I have asked them all for:
1. phone type
2. Android version
3. Whether they installed it using market or some other way (don't
know what that could be since we haven't provided any other way)
4. Digital images of the phone screens if they want to go to that
length to get it solved.

So, I'm waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks for you help so far.