Hello,

This is what i am doing, I have a AutoCompleteTextView that filters
the contact names while you type them similar to what the sms app does
right now. In my app I have a virtual keyboard and I need the same
functionality to happen when I type with my VK.

For example, When I open the keyboard I can put in "K" in this
texfield and I will see a list with names starting with "K", but if I
press my "k" button I do not get anything.

What I am doing is, concatenating strings into this textField, so when
my "k" button is pressed I add a k to the string that is already
there, my question is how can I have the TextView automatically start
filtering when I press my button, I have looked and do not see
anything that stands out in the API.

Thanks