Hi guys, I need to convert the lat/long coord to pixel xy coord to
show a dot on the top of some image, I know I can use the following
code inside MapView to do that conversion:

mapView.getProjection().toPixels(location.getPoint(), screenCoords);
int x=screenCoords.x;
int y=screenCoords.y;

however, I don't want to show or use the MapView, I just want to
extract the X and Y screen coord, because I have my own background, my
app will use a simple ImageView to display that background and I want
to draw a little dot on canvas, on the top of that background, that
dot will only appear if that location respect some range.

To better understand the question, imagine I have an aerial photo
showing some building, I know the lat/long of that building, and I
want to display a dot representing the building and a second dot if my
actual position is near from that local.

How I can get the XY pixel screen position of that location without
showing the MapView?