Same answer as in
http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss/msg/b71caf66580b9cd0:

Good point. Not currently, but this I can (and will) easily fix by
checking if the Android Market app is installed, in the same way that
I check if ZXing is installed. However, doing so will AFAIK still not
suffice to comply with the Amazon Appstore requirements, because my
app would still perform a search on Android Market if the Android
Market app is installed and ZXing isn't. If Amazon only wants graceful
degradation in cases where users do not have the Android Market
installed, that is fine with me, and I'll gladly comply with that.