I run GPS, and query a web based mysql every 50 meters of driving.
People tell me the app locks up and has lag, so I put each query in a
new thread. This seems to create a backlog of threads (at least in the
emulator).

        URL url = new URL("http://www.website.org/marks.php";);

        HttpURLConnection urlConn = (HttpURLConnection) url
                .openConnection();
        BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(
                urlConn.getInputStream()));
        String inputLine;
        while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null)
                response.append( inputLine );

1. Are dozens of threads wrong? Do I just use two and leave it at
that?
2. Should I keep connection open as I have heard others speak of?
3. Will I ultimately be forced to sqlite and the new headache of db
synchronization?

Anyone have any experience to offer?

Thanks in advance,
-cellurl