On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 2:07 PM, gonzobrains <gonzobra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a feeling the Tag property was involved somehow, but what's the right
> way to use it?

The "right" way is dependent on your use case. It's there specifically as a
convenience for you to attach arbitrary data to your view.

> In the getView() method can I do something like this:
>
> deleteButton.setTag(position);
>
> where position is the int passed into getView()?

Correct.

> And then use that in the delete button's OnClickListener()?

Correct.

> It looks like getTag() returns an Object.

Correct.

> I just tried passing an Integer object in the Tag property.  It appears to
> be working.

Correct.

> In the OnClickListener() I do the following:
>
> items.remove(index.intValue());
>
> Is this the standard recommended way to do this?

I don't know about "standard recommended" but it's the first thing I thought
of. If you want some inner object to know which row it's in, seems as good a
way as any.

> I just want to make sure there aren't any gotchas I have missed as a result
> of taking this approach.

None that I'm aware of.