> Well no idea from just your paragraph description there. :)  This API
> certainly works -- it is used a lot, for things like inflating the UI of app
> widgets.

The following is the routine that I wrote to test the function.  The
call to manager.getPackageInfo works, but the call to
GetPackageContents returns null.

    private void Test()
    {
        String pkg = "com.gabysoft.quizardwidget";

        PackageManager manager    = getPackageManager();
        PackageInfo    info;

        try
        {
            info = manager.getPackageInfo(pkg, 0);

            int v = info.versionCode;
        }
        catch (NameNotFoundException e)
        {
        }

        Context c = GetPackageContext(pkg, CONTEXT_INCLUDE_CODE);
        File file = c.getDir("data", Context.MODE_PRIVATE);
        String path = file.getAbsolutePath();
    }

> Oh my.  Well personally I would really strongly discourage doing that.  I
> think you are going to end up with continual pain in app maintenance, not to
> mention support for your users dealing with multiple apps like this.

I actually tend to agree, but I really hate to force the user to
install the app to internal memory (there is a fair amount of
content).  The feedback I have gotten so far from the users that I
have asked is that they would rather see a separate app than loose the
ability to install on the SD card.  Is there ANY other way to deal
with this?

Thanks.