Hola!  This is my first post.  I'm having trouble with the code
snippet below.

Basically, you click an EditText and you're presented with a file
browser.  If you choose a file all is right with the world.  If you
choose the back/return button on your phone without choosing a file a
force close is caused.  I think this is because I'm returning a null
from the intent, but I do not know how to fix nor what I should try/
catch.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Code:

        filename = (EditText) findViewById(R.id.selectFile);
        filename.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(View v) {
                Intent intent = new Intent();
                intent.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_OPENABLE);
                intent.setType("text/csv");
                intent.setAction(Intent.ACTION_GET_CONTENT);
                startActivityForResult(Intent.createChooser(intent,
"Select File"),1);
            }
        });