Jake,

Ah, you mean like an *alert* dialog. I don't think you can.

AlertDialog uses certain resources which are not accessible to applications. You can find them under android-X\data\res\drawable:

- popup_top_dark.9.png for the title bar background;
- popup_center_bright.9.png for the middle portion;
- ic_dialog_menu_generic.png for the title bar icon.

... but they can not be used by applications for some reason.

It's possible to copy them into your project, but then some devices do customize those images (like the Galaxy S family).

If you really want that look, use an AlertDialog with a custom view if you can.

-- Kostya

17.02.2011 17:43, Jake Colman пишет:
"KV" == Kostya Vasilyev<kmans...@gmail.com>  writes:
    KV>  17.02.2011 16:35, Jake Colman пишет:

    KV>  For one, you are missing the @ sign:

    KV>  parent="@android:style/Theme.Dialog"

Thanks for the catch but that wasn't the problem!

Use the "Add to Home Screen" dialog as an example, how do I theme my
activity to have that same look?  Simply using Theme.Dialog as the
parent style doesn't seem to be the whole solution.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com