   MM> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com> wrote:
   >> I don't think I can use an actual AlertDialog since I am displaying this
   >> from inside a broadcast receiver.  I believe that that is the classic
   >> situation that requires one to use an actual activity that is made to
   >> look like a dialog.  Am I correct or am I missing something?

   MM> In a pinch, you can start an invisible activity which launches the
   MM> AlertDialog.

   MM> Why are you starting anything like this from a BroadcastReceiver?

Mark,

I am working with an appwidget.  When the user taps the appwidget I want
to give him a choice of which of two activities to display: the
configuration (preferences) activity, or one that displays some relevant
information.

Is there a better way to do this?  Did I misunderstand (quite possible)
something about how do this in Android?  Should I pursue your suggestion
of an invisible activity or is there a more direct way to get what I am
looking for?

Thanks.

...Jake

--