On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Gregg Reno <gregg.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Related to this, I'm wondering if we will be in a situation where we
> won't be able to test our honeycomb apps on real devices.  For
> example, I'm planning on picking up a xoom - hopefully in the next
> couple of days.  If we are still required to use "Honeycomb" as the
> minSdkVersion.  Will those apps run on a xoom if the minSdkVersion
> isn't a number?
>
> Nope. Short version: minSdkVersion uses a string (e.g. "PeanutButter")
instead of a number (e.g. "23") specifically for "preview SDK platform
images".
The Xoom will come with an official (i.e. non-preview) platform image, which
will only accept applications that target number-based minSdkVersion.

By that time, you should have an official "3.0 platform images" to download
though.

Note that we did exactly the same in the past for Eclair, iirc.

PS: PeanutButter and 23 are really randomly selected name and number, don't
go crazy about them :-)