On Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:29:17 PM UTC, Sebastian wrote:

Have you tried tuning eclipse.ini options to enable higher memory limits?
> Sometimes, if a java app is running 100% it could be related to the garbage
> collector collecting (or, trying to) memory all the time.

Thanks, that seemed to help with pegging the CPU. For others' reference, I
set the following two values in eclipse.ini:

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
512m
-Xmx512m

> Else I would try uninstalling unneeded plugins.

Got none. I learned long ago that ANY additional plugins stood a good chance
of breaking ADT, so I've got no choice to run Eclipse with ONLY the Android
plugins.

So, I'm in slightly better shape than yesterday. The r11 emulator is still
unusable (I may create a separate post about that), Clean still takes an
eternity, and it still throws various errors along the way. But at least
Eclipse is marginally tolerable now.

String