On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 7:38 AM, Jake Colman <col...@ppllc.com> wrote:

> So assuming that the majority of users will simply ignore the ads,
> adding them to an app is not a particularly good way to make any money.

If you write a good app it will be used a lot thereby showing a lot of
ads.  A lot of ads being shown means more "chances" for clicks.  If
you do not even bother to provide a lot of "chances" for clicks you
will certainly not get any.  This is the way it works.

> I thought you get paid per ad that is displayed even without a click.

No.  That's the way it was back in 1995, this is now.

--
Greg Donald
destiney.com | gregdonald.com