You need to go through the UI of the mailer activity, so the user can select
which app to use etc.  Adding support for allowing applications to get at
the user's personal e-mail information and send on their behalf without
their interaction (but some other way to inform them that the app is doing
this) is not a high priority for the platform; actually, I would personally
much prefer that apps go through the mail UI so the user can be aware of and
confirm whatever some non-mail app is sending on their behalf.

As a user, wouldn't you prefer this too? :}

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Jay-andro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I too want to send email programmtaically (i.e without a send form).
> I've got it working with my hardcoded credentials, but I want my app
> to use the user's account to send the email from the user's account
> and receive replies to his account. How do I do this?
>
> On Nov 12, 10:51 am, "Sunit Katkar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thank you. I will try this.
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Peli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > You can find a code snippet here:
> > >http://www.openintents.org/en/node/121
> >
> > > There is also a related SENDTO action which you can look up in the
> > > documentation.
> >
> > > Peli
> > >www.openintents.org

> > > launch a
> server?
> > > message
> Palm
> > > OS

> > > you're
> isn't
> > > too

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> for
> > > the
> > > send
> > > address.

> > > steps, so

> > --
> > - Sunit Katkarhttp://sunitkatkar.blogspot.com/- Android OS Tutorials

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on public
forums, where I and others can see and answer them.