Hi there,
I used the sample code in my app to detect a Mifare Classic card.
My resource file looks like
<resources xmlns:xliff="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2">
    <tech-list>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcA</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcB</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcF</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NfcV</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.Ndef</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.NdefFormatable</tech>
        <tech>android.nfc.tech.MifareClassic</tech>
    </tech-list>
</resources>

and my manifest has..

<activity android:name="verifytagscanact"
                android:permission="android.permission.NFC"
                android:label="@string/event_verify">
                <action android:name="android.nfc.action.TECH_DISCOVERED"/>
           android:resource="@xml/filter_nfc"/>
                </activity>

and the onCreate in the activity has the code..

                 Intent intent = getIntent();
                String action = intent.getAction();
                if (NfcAdapter.ACTION_TECH_DISCOVERED.equals(action)) {
                        mTagContent.setText("Discovered tag " + ++mCount + "
with
intent: " + intent);
                } else {
                        mTagContent.setText("Scan a tag");
                }

But when I move a Mifare Classic 1k tag near the phone the "Tags"
application is called I think..as the icon on the top left is the same
as the app name..and the title is " New Tag collected- unknown tag
type ".

I am pretty sure the above activity is not called. Can someone guide
me how to get my application called when a tag is discovered.. ? it is
a Nexus S. phone with 2.3.1

thank you
Domnic