Andrew Stadler wrote:
> This is already supported in both the Email and Gmail apps.

Ummmm...are you sure about that?

String
url="mailto:f...@bar.com?subject=this%20is%20the%20subject&body=This%20is%20the%20body";;

This mailto URL works nicely in Firefox (Linux and WinXP) and Internet
Explorer (WinXP), and android.net.MailTo parses it just fine. In the
case of the browsers, it pops open a message in the default mail program
with the addressee, subject, and body populated.

However:

startActivity(new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse(url)));

This pops up the mail app chooser (Email vs. Google Mail), as expected.
However, neither parse out the subject or the body, leaving those blank.
Heck, Mail doesn't even seem to parse out the addressee, leaving that
blank; Google Mail has the addressee as "f...@gmail.com".

Now, if I use java.net.URLEncoder on the component parts, I get the same
mailto: URL, except %20 is replaced by +. If I try that URL, Mail slams
the whole mailto: (minus the scheme) in the To: field, and Google Mail
behaves as before. Since the use of + signs seems to violate RFC 2368
for mailto: URLs, and since Firefox seemed to like %20 better, I figure
that's the better answer.

Issue 978 reports the same behavior. I have added these comments there
as well.

But, if you think this is supposed to work, I feel like I'm missing
something.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com