I wish to thank you all for the suggestions.

Anyway i think it's a bug or some design glitch, because the menu items in
the first menu (the menu appearing when
pressing the menu button) are correctly grayed out and not clickable. The
problems seems to affect only items in sub menus.

Graying out a menu item and disabling it is common practice (think of the
file menu for almost every program in the world), so
actually i find it the best way to do what i want, and i find it easy to
understand. I many economy games i have a list of things that
i can buy and many of them are grayed out (and i know exactly why, don't
need to explain to user with some dialog).