The regular buttons fire key events (up/down/left/right/sony shapes/L/
R/select/start) so that is good but then there are these two magical
analog pads that are a lot like the analog sticks on a PS3 controller
and IIRC they are only accessible via a native library (though I
haven't dug for the code to access them so I don't know yet how to use
them).  Perhaps they will be supported as part of the peripherals in
future Android APIs but for now I can only imagine that a person will
need to link to a sony library and access via native so that means
some JNI for Java-side support.