Android has been a great platform for developing apps as a hobby. It
is far better than any other Java based mobile platform that I had
tried. I wish java-api-first is not the case in the future. Java AWT/
Swing has been basically a failure in GUI(considering all the time a
effort went into developing it). Unfortunately my guess is few AWT/
Swing guys are playing big role on Android. Now consider developing
your own SWT before developing your Eclipse on Android.

Developing apps for android is fun. I just do not want to put a nail
on every null to avoid force close. Now even an ardent Agile fan would
call me a bad programmer. That is where I see religion (or cult). How
about get a few ex-ms people on board. Maybe they can resolve the
issue with the new incarnation of "Blue Screen of Death" called "Force
Close".