yes those fonts are for the last platform, I guess Gingerbread that
provides an extended language support.
However I noticed something strange... On my Nexus S there are a lot
of languages supported selectable, on the other hand on my Nexus One
(always 2.3.4) there are only a subset of those.

I expected they were the same... I am a bit confused! :|