The initial Xoom was a US-only device, so the other languages were not
needed.  Since that was the first release of Android 3.0, generating all of
the translations would have delayed the product for stuff it didn't need.

It is just going to be a fact of life that different devices will ship with
different languages depending on the places it is being shipped and other
considerations.