That log is just a warning, and unrelated fragments, and not causing such an
issue.

Let's still step back -- are you actually having a fragment displayed at
all?  Make sure you are actually getting it displayed before then trying to
hide and show it.  (And after adding a fragment starts out shown so there is
no reason to hide it unless you are doing some special specific stuff.)