I have been trying to fix an issue since yesterday but no luck yet. I
made a very simple android application to create directory and the
application was working fine. The main source code is mentioned here.

File extDir= Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory();
        File sddir = new File(extDir+"/test10");

        if (sddir.mkdirs()) {
            Toast toast = Toast.makeText(this,
            "Directory successfully created!",
                   Toast.LENGTH_SHORT);
        toast.setGravity(Gravity.CENTER, 0, 0);
        toast.show();
        }
        else{

           Toast toast = Toast.makeText(this,
           "Directory creation failed!",
                  Toast.LENGTH_SHORT);
           toast.setGravity(Gravity.CENTER, 0, 0);
        toast.show();
       }

However, yesterday, when I integrated this code to my own application
(a simple videolist that plays videos from the sd-card), the directory
function, for whatever reasons, resulted in directory creation
failed... I debugged the application but couldn't find exception
errors or other errors in it. I don't know what could be wrong.. I am
just wondering if there is any method to get the error statement
behind directory creation failed. I mean if mkdirs failed, it could
generate a small print statement about why it got failed??
any suggestions??