Hi,

I have spent hours searching for tutorials on downloading a file to a folder
on my phone.  Despite my best efforts I still haven't been able to
accomplish this task.

Here is what I have so far.  It is within a on button click handler, I will
place the code in a separate class when I get it working.

try {
URL url = new URL("http://mywebsite.com/cards/1.jpg";);
File file = new File("/sdcard/cards/1.jpg");  // I dont think this is right!
example I got this code from used /data/data/<project name>/<filename> but
did not work
 /* Open a connection to that URL. */
                URLConnection ucon = url.openConnection();

                InputStream is = ucon.getInputStream();
                BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(is);

                ByteArrayBuffer baf = new ByteArrayBuffer(50);
                int current = 0;
                while ((current = bis.read()) != -1) {
                        baf.append((byte) current);
                }
                bis.close();

                FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
                fos.write(baf.toByteArray());
                fos.flush();
                fos.close();

} catch (IOException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}

Many Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mark