Any suggestions?

I have made my camera surface preview an activity. While it is set
inside a tab (portrait) it does not matter if i set the surfacepreview
activity in the manifest as portrait or landscape, it is always set to
landscape.

I can't have my application turn all the tabs into landscape view. I
was hoping that I could show the activity inside my tab (which I can
ok - so I am pretty sure my code - while ugly) is working fine as an
activity.

Chris.