On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Julius Spencer <jul...@msa.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't figure out how to use this if I am using a SQLiteDatabase which isn't
> set up as a ContentProvider.  From what I remember there won't be source for
> Honeycomb released anytime soon so I'm not sure how I could use the Loader
> framework to make it work.

The source code for the compatibility library is available,
that includes the LoaderManager, Loader and AsyncTaskLoader.

To implement your custom DB loader you need to extend
AsyncTaskLoader to load and return whatever data you need.
Look at LoaderCustomSupport for an example of how to do this.

One thing to watch what for is that implementing the
onStartLoading() abstract method only is not enough:
you need to implement at least onStartLoading() to
kick the loading off. Not exactly clear why onStartLoading()
has a default implementation that does nothing, considering
it's required.