On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Hi, please please please just take the CursorLoader implementation in the
> support library and modify it to get its cursors from your SQLiteDatabase
> rather than the content resolver.  Unfortunately there are a lot of tricky
> things you need to do in the AsyncTaskLoader subclass to get it to work
> correctly, and CursorLoader implements these correctly.

Thanks. After some debugging I reached pretty much the same
conclusion. AsyncTaskLoader doesn't really allow easy extension,
unlike AsyncTask.

BTW, it would be nice if there where an onLoadStarted() in
LoaderCallbacks. Then you could have UI manipulating code close
(showing/hiding a 'loading', etc.), similar to AsyncTask.