The guy is still writing letters so it stands to reason some people are paying him.

On 8/27/2011 2:49 PM, Andy wrote:
Hi makjaveli,

i recieved a Lodsys letter 2 Days ago. Same Problem here. I have a button in my app linked to the Android Market. It's simply a button with a underlaying http Link pointing to the payed app URL. I can't think of a szenario where this can be proteced by a patent, because it a common/trivial link mechanisam found everywhere in the net , websites, apps, mobile apps, whatsoever.

Because I'm only a hobby programmer while my app sold like 250 times ( maybe 100 to US) I'm not sure what to do. I read their article on "what are we charging" http://www.lodsys.com/1/post/2011/05/q-what-are-you-charging.html and thought it would be a solution to ask for licening an pay them ~ 5$ for the past usage.

Has anyone solved his Lodsys claim fast and easy ?