Curious

ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); bmp.compress(CompressFormat.JPEG, 100 , bos);
bos.toString();

and also

ByteArrayOutputStream bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream(); bmp.compress(CompressFormat.PNG, 100 , bos);
bos.toString();

the string result from bos.toString(); is this the raw or encoded version of the image ? I would guess encode because bos.size() is much less than bmp.getWidth() * bmp.getHeight().

So my question then is what is the encoding method used ? and to which PDF filter do they correspond ?

Thanks in advance