Hi,

My application will use a local database with almost 2MB of data
(non-compressed) that will be updated every month, so I'd like to know which
is the best approach for an update mechanism.

The first option is a REST service that sends only the differences to be
applied to the devices database (rows to be included or removed), and the
second option is to provide the entire SQLite database as a ZIP file that
will be downloaded from the app and will replace the current database.

Which do you think is the best option? And even if you think the second
option is better, do you know any tutorial on working with RESTful services
(using Service API or Content Providers) just like Google suggested on
Google I/O 2010?

Thanks.