I am using Google Analytics in my application. I would like the tracking
session to be reset when the application goes to the background.
I would like to do it without having to maintain state of each activity (my
application has quite many Activities and I would rather not update the
application state in each Activities onCreate / onPause / OnDestroy).
Is this possible?

Moreover, I would like to differentiate between the application going to
the background due to say a phone call or alarm to when the user actually
presses the home or back button to exit the application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- Aki