Hello, everytime I start a heavy OpenGL application for Android, I
come across some sort of loading or cleaning error.

As of now my problem is that when my application makes it's first run
after installation, no textures are present. Thus geometry is not
visible. I have tried to render with texture env to GL_MODULATE and
coloring to the geometry to see if it would show, but it doesn't...

I said that this only happens the first time you run the application,
which means if you run it a second time, everything will be correct.

Here's what I think may be happening, but am unsure:

I think that during the process of decoding the resource into a
bitmap, the texture object is created. This means that the texture
object will not contain data, and misrepresenting the texture.

Well, the reason I think this is related to the android lifecycle is
because the textures work when the application is run a second time.

Help is greatly appreciated, I'm really hoping to figure this out. I
quit my previous project because I had another error:
The game would be slower each time you ran it:

12fps after first run,
10 on second,
8 on third etc...
The performance was really slow when I rendered my 3D map.

So that being said, you are welcome to help me out with that too :)

Thanks, Nick.