android-discuss is probably a better forum for this discussion.

I would like to correct a misconception: Android is an application
processor stack. It does not include a radio stack, nor is it likely
to include one in the near future. The radio firmware is typically
proprietary to the chip vendor and closely tied to the hardware
architecture of the chip.